How To Update Firmware
Save your configuration
WARNING: Updating firmware will reset the default config on a major and minor release. Bugfix releases do not reset configuration. Version scheme: MAJOR.MINOR.BUGFIX
If in doubt, be sure to save your configuration using the RaceCapture app.
Connect RaceCapture/Pro MK2 to your computer and connect to it with the app.
- Press the 'Configuration' button to navigate to the configuration section.
- On the left menu, select Firmware
- On the firmware screen, press the button "Update Firmware"
- Navigate to the firmware file ending in ".ihex"
- Select this file. The firmware will update and show a percentage progress indicator.
- If there is a problem detecting RaceCapture/Pro, unplug/replug and restart the app.
- While holding down the button on RaceCapture/Pro, power it up by plugging in to USB.
- You should observe a rapidly flashing red LED on the unit: it is in bootloader mode.
- Start the app. Note, it will not be able to connect - this is expected.
- Navigate to the configuration/firmware update screen, select the firmware file and update the firmware.
Problems? visit http://autosportlabs.org and post your question - we will help you promptly.
Unzip the Firmware download into a folder and follow the directions in HOW_TO_FLASH.txt
Note: if you have problems getting the firmware to flash (it cannot find RaceCapture/Pro while in bootloader mode), try the following:
- Hold down the front panel button on RCP right at the beginning of the process, before running flashRCP.bat
- When asked 'is this your first time flashing' say 'No' so it will re-install the bootloader drivers
- Then proceed with the firmware flash update.
Try installing the bootloader drivers while the hardware is plugged in to USB in bootloader mode (hold down logging button on RaceCapture/Pro, plug in to USB, then release button) outside of running flashRCP.bat. Then, check Windows Device Manager for the Presence of Autosport Labs bootloader while plugged in. Once you you see it show up, you can proceed with the firmware update process.