- Download and install the latest RaceCapture App
- Download and unzip drivers: Windows XP/Vista/7/8 Drivers V2
- Note for Windows 8 users - These drivers are unsigned. We are working on creating a signed driver set, but in the meantime you will need to disable the driver signing requirement for Windows 8. Instructions
- Attach GPS and Bluetooth module (if purchased) to RaceCapture/Pro
- Plug in the supplied USB cable to RaceCapture/Pro and your computer.
- When prompted for drivers, select them from the zip file you unzipped previously.
- If not prompted or Windows does not ask you to locate drivers, open Device Manager, find RaceCapture/Pro (usually under 'Other devices'), right click and select 'Update Driver' software. Then select the folder containing the unzipped drivers you downloaded previously.
- Confirm you really want to install the drivers
- Open the RaceCapture application.
- You should see 'Reading Configuration' at the top of the window once the app detects RaceCapture/Pro.
- Click on 'Dashboard'
- Click on the bottom right arrow three times, which will display the digital dash. You should see the Utc and Interval channels changing, which means data is being transmitted over USB.
- Protip: Pick up the RaceCapture/Pro unit, move it around and observe changes from the internal accelerometer and gyro sensors!
- You have now setup the RaceCapture app!
Selecting your favorite race tracks
RaceCapture/Pro can auto-detect and configure your favorite race tracks as soon as GPS lock is obtained.
- After connecting the RaceCapture app and verifying connectivity, navigate to the configuration view.
- Select the Race Tracks from the menu on the left.
- Search and select the race tracks you will be typically attending.
- Once the tracks have been selected, write the updated configuration using the button in the lower left.
When you arrive at the track and RaceCapture is powered up, it will automatically detect and configure the track's start/finish line and any available sectors.
Setting up Bluetooth
Enabling Bluetooth in firmware settings
- Complete the Quick Start steps above, leaving RaceCapture/Pro connected to your computer
- Connect the Bluetooth module to the inner of the two RaceCapture/Pro ports on the same side the USB cable connects to
- Open the Race Capture app
- Click on the top left 'Menu' button
- Click on 'Configuration'
- Click on 'Wireless' in the list of options on the left
- Click the toggle to the right of 'Bluetooth'
- Click the 'Write Config' button on the bottom left (down array pointing to a RaceCapture/Pro)
Set up Android tablet/phone
For best performance, we recommend the following minimum specification:
- Android 4.4 and higher
- Quad core 1.6 GHz processor
- 2 GB RAM, 8 GB flash
- 1024x600 resolution, IPS display
- 7" or 10" screen
Recommended Brands for tablets:
- Google Nexus
Touch screen operation with gloves
We recommend AnyGlove to make your racing gloves touch screen compatible.
- Go into the Android settings and pair your device with the RaceCapture/Pro Bluetooth module
- Ensure Bluetooth is turned on in the Android device settings.
- Ensure the RaceCapture/Pro Bluetooth module is powered on (green light is flashing)
- Default password is 1234
- Install the Race Capture app on your Android device from the Google Play Store
- Open the RaceCapture app, tap the screen until the RaceCapture logo show up at the top.
- Tap the Bluetooth icon at the top right
- Select RaceCapture/Pro
- After a few seconds you should see a 'Connected to RaceCapture/Pro' message and data will be transmitting to your tablet.
- The green light on the Bluetooth module should be solid and not flashing