- 1 RaceCapture/Pro MK2
- 2 RaceCapture/Pro MK1
- 2.1 Version 2 Beta firmware and app
- 2.2 Firmware
- 2.3 RaceCapture App
- 2.4 Race Analyzer Downloads
- 2.5 Driver Downloads
- 2.6 Firmware Downloads
Note - Dashboard, configuration and telemetry analysis features via race-capture.com are available now; in-app analysis features will be available in the upcoming release (soon)
Mac OS X
Mac installer coming soon!
Packages coming soon!
- Windows: Windows XP/Vista/7/8 Drivers V2
- OS X: No driver needed
- Linux: No driver needed
Android: Use the RaceCapture/App in the Play Store
- Note : The main RaceCapture app will be supported on Android in an near-term upcoming release. This will provide a unified experience across all platforms.
Extract this zip package to your computer and direct Windows to the location of the drivers when you are prompted for drivers after RaceCapture/Pro is plugged in.
Note for Windows 8 users - These drivers are unsigned. We are working on creating a signed driver set, but in the meantime you will need to disable the driver signing requirement for Windows 8. Instructions
See the CHANGELOG file in the .zip file package to see the list of changes for that release.
How to update MK2 Firmware
Save your configuration
WARNING: Updating firmware will reset the default config on a major and minor release. Bugfix releases do not reset configuration. Version scheme: MAJOR.MINOR.BUGFIX
If in doubt, be sure to save your configuration using the RaceCapture app.
Connect RaceCapture/Pro MK2 to your computer and connect to it with the app.
- Press the 'Configuration' button to navigate to the configuration section.
- On the left menu, select Firmware
- On the firmware screen, press the button "Update Firmware"
- Navigate to the firmware file ending in ".ihex"
- Select this file. The firmware will update and show a percentage progress indicator.
- If there is a problem detecting RaceCapture/Pro, unplug/replug and restart the app.
- While holding down the button on RaceCapture/Pro, power it up by plugging in to USB.
- You should observe a rapidly flashing red LED on the unit: it is in bootloader mode.
- Start the app. Note, it will not be able to connect - this is expected.
- Navigate to the configuration/firmware update screen, select the firmware file and update the firmware.
Problems? visit http://autosportlabs.org and post your question - we will help you promptly.
Version 2 Beta firmware and app
Advanced users are encouraged to try the V2 beta software. Download the firmware and new app below. Official support for V2 firmware and app coming soon for MK1 users!
Currently supported platforms:
- Windows: currently supported
- Linux: currently supported (run from source code; installer coming soon)
- OS X: experimental support - USB interface fails to communicate (possible driver issue)
- Android: port scheduled
- iOS: port scheduled
Follow the directions in the README for setting up dependencies, then run the app from source.
Race Analyzer Downloads
Mac OS X
Mac support is coming soon. If you can program OS X applications and want to help cross compile and test, drop us an email
Linux support coming soon! Likewise, if you'd like to help with the cross compiling effort, email us!
Want to play around with the analysis/playback features of RaceAnalyzer? Download Some Sample Logfiles
Race Analyzer is the software app that lets you configure RaceCapture/Pro's features and analyze/visualize datalogging sessions.
See our Upcoming Feature List for Race Analyzer
Virtual serial port drivers for connecting RaceCapture/Pro to your Windows computer. Unzip the file to a directory on your computer and direct windows to this directory when prompted for drivers:
Windows 8 Note
- Windows 8 introduced restrictions on unsigned drivers. You need to allow unsigned drivers before installing the RaceCapture/Pro drivers.
Windows XP/Vista/7/8 Drivers V2 For firmware version 1.2 and higher
Windows XP/Vista/7/8 Drivers For firmware versions prior to 1.2
Your RaceCapture unit already has firmware installed. If you need access to new features and/or bug fixes, download the firmware update utility and latest firmware here.
Note: firmware version 1.2.0 and higher requires newer V2 Windows USB drivers
Unzip the latest and follow the directions in the README file, or read these extended Firmware Installation Instructions
The bootloader is factory installed and shouldn't normally need to be re-flashed.
Firmware update utility
This is a small command-line utility that writes new firmware to RaceCapture/Pro. It is already included in the .zip distributions of RaceCapture/Pro firmware.