MJLJ Firmware update
These are general instructions for uploading firmware to MJLJ V3 or V4.
- Before flashing the new firmware, save your Ignition Configuration to a file, as it will be overwritten with default data during the flashing process. Once the Ignition Configuration is saved, close the Configuration Software.
- Download the Firmware programming software- save it to the same directory where the new firmware is located.
- Open a command window (Click Start / Run, and enter 'cmd') and navigate to the directory where you downloaded the new files.
Flashing the firmware
Ensure the unit is connected to the computer's serial port, and is not powered up.
At the command prompt, enter the following command:
> hc08sprg.exe COM1 FIRMWARE_VERSION.s19
- Replace FIRMWARE_VERSION.s19 with the name of the firmware file you actually downloaded.
- Replace COM1 with the appropriate COM port used to communicate with the MJLJ.
The program will indicate it is waiting for a signal from the MJLJ processor. Once you see this message, apply power to the MJLJ- you will see some additional information, and then you will be prompted to continue programming. If you are ready to flash the new firmware, enter 'Y'.
If all goes well, you will see a progress indicator as the processor is loaded with the new firmware image.
Here is a typical output from a successful firmware upgrade:
c:\>cd c:\mjlj c:\mjlj>hc08sprg.exe COM1 mjlJunior_V3.2.1.s19 Waiting for HC08 reset ACK...received 0xfc (good). Calibration break pulse sent. Count: 1 Bootloader version string: KX8-IR Available flash memory: 0xE000-0xFC7F Erase block size: 64 bytes Write block size: 32 bytes Original vector table: 0xFFDC Bootloader user table: 0xFC80 Bootloader data (hex): 82 80 00 00 00 66 20 f3 Are you sure to program part? [y/N]: y Memory programmed: 100%
- USB to serial adapters: The firmware updating software is not compatible with certain USB to serial adapters. If you experience errors during the upgrade process, try performing the upgrade on a computer with a built-in serial port, or try using a different USB-Serial adapter.
Power-cycle the MJLJ controller and restart the Configuration Software. Update the Global Controller Options as necessary, then load and flash the Ignition Configuration you previously saved.