How To Update Firmware
Save your configuration
WARNING: Updating firmware will reset the default config on a major and minor release. Bugfix releases do not reset configuration. Version scheme: MAJOR.MINOR.BUGFIX
If in doubt, be sure to save your configuration using the RaceCapture app.
Connect RaceCapture/Pro MK2 to your computer and connect to it with the app.
- Press the 'Configuration' button to navigate to the configuration section.
- On the left menu, select Firmware
- On the firmware screen, press the button "Update Firmware"
- Navigate to the firmware file ending in ".ihex"
- Select this file. The firmware will update and show a percentage progress indicator.
- If there is a problem detecting RaceCapture/Pro, unplug/replug and restart the app.
- While holding down the button on RaceCapture/Pro, power it up by plugging in to USB.
- You should observe a rapidly flashing red LED on the unit: it is in bootloader mode.
- Start the app. Note, it will not be able to connect - this is expected.
- Navigate to the configuration/firmware update screen, select the firmware file and update the firmware.
Problems? visit http://autosportlabs.org and post your question - we will help you promptly.
Unzip the Firmware download into a folder and follow the directions in HOW_TO_FLASH.txt
Note: if you have problems getting RaceCapture/Pro recognized in bootloader mode, try installing the bootloader drivers while the hardware is plugged in to USB in bootloader mode (hold down logging button on RaceCapture/Pro, plug in to USB, then release button)